Wellington-Altus is currently recruiting for an Associate; consideration will be given to both licensed and unlicensed applicants, with the successful candidate being selected based on the full scope of their qualifications and experience.
Reporting to an Investment Advisor, the Associate acts as a resource for clients and assists the Advisor with administrative tasks related to managing client accounts. A Licensed Associate will further support the Advisor with transaction processing.
As the Associate, you will:
• Assist in preparing Advisors for client meetings, including preparation of account opening documentation
• Complete account processing (converting RRSP to RRIF, setting up RRIF payments, estates, beneficiary updates, etc.)
• Process a variety of transactions (ex: issuing cheques, deposits, contributions and withdrawals, incoming and outgoing transfers)
• Process unsolicited trades and provide quotes (Licensed)
• Research industry related information from a variety of sources as requested by the Advisor
• Commit to rigorous follow up relating to all client transactions to ensure proper processing and minimize errors
• Act as a general resource person for clients (ex: printing statements, tax slips)
• Have a strong understanding of the firm’s procedures and policies, keeping abreast of policy and procedure changes within the firm and industry
• Maintain client files, ensure that all documentation and notes are compliant with industry regulations.
• Independently and proactively complete general administrative tasks (ex: prepare letters, client communication pieces, etc.)
• Attend client events
• Perform other duties as assigned
Your education and qualifications include:
• Diploma in business administration, accounting, finance, or similar field of study.
• Minimum of three years’ industry experience (Licensed) or one year (Unlicensed), preferably in an administrative or operational capacity Industry experience preferably in an administrative or operational capacity
• Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrated, reliable work ethic with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and work requirements
• Customer-focused attitude with a commitment to providing extraordinary service to high net worth clients
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
• Current and maintained registration as an IR or RR, including completion of all courses and experience requirements, with IIROC with the ongoing requirement to fulfill Continuing Education requirements (Licensed)
• A background check, satisfactory to the employer, will be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment (Licensed)
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.