Wellington-Altus is currently recruiting for a Café Specialist. This newly-created position will support the in-house café being built in our offices as part of our large-scale renovation. Reporting to the Director of Client Services, the Café Specialist will be an integral part of our client services team. More than creating and serving food and beverages, your role is to provide build relationships and provide exceptional, personal service to our clients and employees.
The hours of work for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with occasional evening/weekend shifts where required.
Closing Date: February 26, 2020
As the Café Specialist, you will:
• Assist in the preparation of food items, including the planning and coordination of all in-house catering orders
• Prepare coffee and specialty drink orders
• Take a proactive role in managing the café inventory
• Ensure the café maintains the highest levels of cleanliness, completing cleaning, sanitizing, and restocking activities as required
• Perform other duties as assigned
Your education and qualifications include:
• Certified Food Handler Training Level One
• Previous barista and/or food service experience is not required but is preferred
• Proven ability to independently plan and prioritize tasks
• Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrated, reliable work ethic with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and work requirements
• Customer-focused attitude with a commitment to providing extraordinary service to clients in a professional environment
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
• Must be physically able to complete the duties of the job, including standing for long periods of time, bending, lifting, twisting, and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.