Corporate Counsel (Full-Time)
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth Inc.
Founded on April 15, 2017, Wellington-Altus Private Wealth Inc. is one of the fasting-growing investment and holistic wealth advice companies in Canada with over $5 billion in assets under administration. With its head office in Winnipeg and over 160 employees in offices across Canada, Wellington-Altus is a fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment with an aggressive growth mandate.
Wellington-Altus is seeking a qualified individual to assist its Executive Vice-President, Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel in delivering quality and timely legal services to Wellington-Altus and its parent and other subsidiary companies. The position is located in Winnipeg.
Responsibilities & Activities:
The Corporate Counsel will provide legal support in a range of areas, with a focus on commercial
matters, including the following:
- Drafting employment agreements for investment advisors, associates, and other staff;
- Drafting various commercial agreements, such as non-disclosure agreements;
- Reviewing various commercial agreements, such as leases;
- Improving existing commercial templates and processes; and
- Assisting with quarterly meeting preparation.
The Corporate Counsel must be practical, have sound judgement and business acumen, and enjoy working with other energetic, passionate professionals who work hard and have fun. Candidates with the following attributes will be of particular interest:
- 5 or more years’ experience as a practicing lawyer;
- Broad legal experience and knowledge in the areas of corporate and commercial law, securities law, and employment law;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team;
- Previous experience in the financial services industry would be an asset; and
- Litigation experience would be intriguing.
Interested? Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 22, 2019.
Wellington-Altus thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.