Investment Associate – Winnipeg
Wellington-Altus is currently recruiting for an Investment Associate to support one of our large, high-net worth Wealth Management teams. An integral part of this dynamic team, you will become a main point of contact for our clients providing red-carpet services Working closely with a team of Investment Advisors, you will proactively manage a range of administrative tasks, ensuring accurate and timely transactional processing in the management of client accounts.
As an Investment Associate, you will:
- Assist in preparing advisors for client meetings, including preparation of account opening documentation and product research
- Process trades and provide quotes
- Assist in researching products, services, and investment opportunities (equities, bonds, structured notes, discretionary products etc.)
- Process a variety of account activities (converting RRSP to RRIF, setting up RRIF payments, estates, beneficiary updates, etc.)
- Process a variety of transactions (ex: ‘issuing cheques, deposits, contributions and withdrawals, incoming and outgoing transfers)
- Proactively maintain current knowledge of policy and procedure changes within the firm and industry
- Commit to a rigorous follow up relating to all client transactions to ensure proper processing and minimize errors
- Maintain client files to ensure all documentation and notes are compliant within industry regulations.
- Acts as a resource person for clients (ex: generating specialized reports, questions about specific products)
- Provide client account reports, portfolio reviews, tax reports, etc.
- Manage Advisors’ agendas and book appointments
- Perform other duties as assigned
Your education and qualifications include:
- Diploma in business administration, accounting, finance, or similar field of study
- PFP designation considered an asset
- Minimum of three years’ industry preferably in an administrative or operational capacity
- Demonstrated, high proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated, reliable work ethic with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and work requirements
- Customer-focused attitude with a commitment to providing extraordinary service to high net worth clients
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Current and maintained registration as an IR, including completion of all courses and experience requirements, with IIROC with the ongoing requirement to fulfill Continuing Education requirements
- Completion of CSC and CPH
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, will be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.