Senior Financial Planner – Calgary
- Are you a positive, energetic and efficient go getter?
- Are you someone that thrives on achieving memorable client experiences?
- Do you have a passion for helping clients solve their financial goals based on an in depth understanding of their needs?
- Do you embrace business development?
- We are looking for a Senior Financial Planner to join our Advanced Wealth Planning Group to support our advisors in the Alberta market, based in Calgary.
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Meet with existing and potential clients, complete in-depth fact finding. Help clients to discover and articulate their short- and long-term goals.
- Prepare and mail introduction packages with an engagement letter and document requests.
- Enter client information into planning software and generate financial plans. Set review schedule, assess progress or implementation of recommendations or to address changes to client situation.
- Work closely with client’s other professional advisors (lawyers, accountants, etc.) to ensure that client is receiving holistic advice.
- Recognize the importance of multi-generational wealth management with a focus on building relationships with children, grandchildren and siblings of current clients.
- Identify outside assets and referral opportunities.
- Integrate all areas of financial planning including cash flow, investment, education, insurance and risk management, retirement planning, and tax and estate planning.
- Maintain client files, ensure that all documents and notes are compliant with industry requirements.
- Act as a knowledge resource for team members.
- Attend client events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational & Industry Requirements:
- Degree or Diploma in business administration, accounting, finance, or similar field of study.
- Professional designation such as CFP or PFP.
- Fulfill continuing education requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of industry rules, regulations, policies, procedures and a commitment to stay abreast of changes.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Desire to go above and beyond to exceed client expectations.
- Exhibits a level of professionalism that allows clients to feel comfortable and able to discuss personal information.
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for other people.
- Reliable, consistent work ethic.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Adobe
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org