Senior Financial Planner
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth Inc.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Planner to join our Advanced Wealth Planning Group to support our advisors in the BC market.
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Meet with existing and potential clients, complete in-depth fact finding. Help clients to discover and articulate their short-and long-term goals.
- Prepare and mail introduction packages with an engagement letter and document requests.
- Enter client information into planning software and generate financial plans. Set review schedule, assess progress or implementation of recommendations or to address changes to client situation.
- Work closely with client’s other professional advisors (lawyers, accountants, etc.) to ensure that client is receiving holistic advice
- Recognize the importance of multi-generational wealth management with a focus on building relationships with children, grandchildren and siblings of current clients.
- Identify outside assets and referral opportunities.
- Integrate all areas of financial planning including cash flow, investment, education, insurance and risk management, retirement planning, and tax and estate planning.
- Maritain client files, ensure that all documents and notes are compliant with industry requirements.
- Act as a knowledge resource for team members.
- Attend client events.
- Preforms other duties as assigned
Educational & Industry Requirements:
- Diploma in business administration, accounting, finance or similar field of study
- Professional designations such as CFP or PFP.
- Fulfill continuing education requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of industry rules, regulations, policies, procedures and commitment to stay abreast of changes
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Desire to go above and beyond to exceed client expectations.
- Exhibits a level of professionalism that allows clients to feel comfortable and able to discuss personal information
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for other people
- Reliable, consistent work ethic
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Adobe.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
Location: Vancouver and surrounding area
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com