- Are you a positive, energetic and efficient go getter?
- Are you someone that thrives on achieving memorable client experiences?
- Do you have a passion for helping clients solve their financial goals based on an in depth understanding of their needs?
- Do you embrace business development?
- We are looking for a Financial Planner to join The Mahrt Investment Group in Victoria, BC.
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Meet with existing and potential clients, complete in-depth fact finding. Help clients to discover and articulate their short- and long-term goals.
- Prepare and mail introduction packages with an engagement letter and document requests.
- Enter client information into planning software and generate financial plans. Set review schedule, assess progress or implementation of recommendations or to address changes to client situation.
- Work closely with client’s other professional advisors (lawyers, accountants, etc.) to ensure that client is receiving holistic advice.
- Recognize the importance of multi-generational wealth management with a focus on building relationships with children, grandchildren and siblings of current clients.
- Identify outside assets and referral opportunities.
- Integrate all areas of financial planning including cash flow, investment, education, insurance and risk management, retirement planning, and tax and estate planning.
- Maintain client files, ensure that all documents and notes are compliant with industry requirements.
- Act as a knowledge resource for team members.
- Attend client events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational & Industry Requirements:
- Degree or Diploma in business administration, accounting, finance, or similar field of study.
- Professional designation such as CFP or PFP.
- Fulfill continuing education requirements.
- CSC not required, but would be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of industry rules, regulations, policies, procedures and a commitment to stay abreast of changes.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Desire to go above and beyond to exceed client expectations.
- Exhibits a level of professionalism that allows clients to feel comfortable and able to discuss personal information.
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for other people.
- Reliable, consistent work ethic.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Adobe.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.