Wellington-Altus is currently recruiting for an Investment Associate to support the Bergh Tatomir & Associates team in Calgary. Reporting to an Investment Advisor, you will leverage your industry knowledge, business development and customer service skills to provide exceptional customer and financial services to our clients and internal partners.
As the Investment Associate, you will:
- Research, analyze and execute trade orders across a portfolio of securities in an accurate and timely manner
- Process a variety of account activities (converting RRSP to RRIF, setting up RRIF payments, estates, beneficiary updates, etc.)
- Process a variety of transactions (ex: issuing cheques, deposits, contributions and withdrawals, incoming and outgoing transfers)
- Process trades and provide quotes
- Assist in researching products, services, and investment opportunities (equites, bonds, structured notes, discretionary products etc.)
- Assist with business development by coordinating opportunities with Centers of Influence, following up on prospective client leads, using a CRM tool to develop pipeline and opportunities for revenue and asset under administration growth
- Help draft the client financial newsletter by gathering information; preparing and editing articles; designing graphic presentation; preparing and distributing to clients
- Respond to client emails and phone calls in a timely, warm and friendly manner
- Proactively maintain current knowledge of policy and procedure changes within the firm and industry
- Commit to a rigorous follow up relating to all client transactions to ensure proper processing and minimize errors
- Maintain client files to ensure all documentation and notes are compliant within industry regulations.
- Acts as a resource person for clients (ex: generating specialized reports, questions about specific products)
- Provide client account reports, portfolio reviews, tax reports, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Your education and qualifications include:
- A minimum of 5 years’ industry experience, preferably in an administrative, trading or operational capacity
- Diploma in business administration, accounting, finance, or similar field of study, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Professional designation such as PFP, CFA or CFP considered an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of topics related to the financial and securities industry, including investment and insurance products and services
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate a reliable work ethic with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and work requirements
- Customer-focused attitude with a commitment to providing extraordinary
- Demonstrate a high proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and financial software
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Current and maintained registration as an IR, including completion of all courses and experience requirements, with IIROC with the ongoing requirement to fulfill Continuing Education requirements
- Completion of CSC and CPH
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, will be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.