Reporting to the Associate Vice-President & Controller, the Payroll Administrator will utilize their significant administrative and organizational skills to effectively manage all aspects of payroll and accounting operations.
As the main point of contact for payroll related matters, the Payroll Administrator will be responsible for the preparation and administration of accounting data, maintaining accurate representation of all payroll records, and overall management of payroll activity and practices.
As the Payroll Administrator, you will:
- Apply professional payroll standards, including accurate and timely data set up and maintenance
- Enter new, and update existing employee information, benefit information, recurring payments, deductions, and employee changes while providing accuracy of personnel and payroll records
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll summaries
- Review and reconcile pay registers
- Be the main point of contact on all payroll related matters
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality and privacy of information
- Comply with provincial and federal payroll regulations
- Complete other duties as assigned
Your Education & Experience Include:
- Diploma in business administration or a Canadian Payroll Certification is considered an asset
- Minimum of two-years payroll experience
- Excellent computer skills, with demonstrated proficiency in Excel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to accurately enter large volumes of data
- Demonstrated reliable work ethic with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Strong time management and organizational skills to efficiently manage numerous activities with varying degrees of priority
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical and detailed information concisely and accurately
Conditions of Employment
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, may be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.